Skip to content
KETO TIPS - HOW TO GET STARTED?
- Keep Carbohydrate intake under 50g – REDUCE/AVOID wheat, rice, corn or other grains.
- Instead get your Carbohydrate allowance from Vegetables.
- Limit root vegetables such as sweet potatoes and butternut squash, opt for vegetables grown above the ground instead of below it
- Eat fruits sparingly, fruits are very high in sugar, tropical fruits are the worst (bananas, mangos) berries are the best. Fructose is very damaging on the liver.
- Don’t eat sweets, this includes all sugar, honey, agave nectar, corn syrup, maple syrup and artificial sweeteners – Chicory Root Fibre/Stevia/Xylitol is ok in moderation.
- Increase your omega 3 intake – Salmon, Mackerel, Sardines, Tuna, Trout, Kippers, Herring
- Eat nuts, the best are macadamias, cashews, hazelnuts, almonds, and pistachios.
- Avoid all polyunsaturated oils made from corn, sunflower, canola, rapeseed, soy, this includes vegetable margarine – replace these with natural fats such as coconut oil, butter, and olive oil.
- Go for full-fat varieties (dairy products) rather than more low fat
- Eat high-quality meat, preferably organic from grass-fed animals, grain-fed animals are higher in omega 6. Red meat is ok.
- Other sources include fish, eggs, nuts, seeds, dairy, protein powder
- Eat eggs aplenty, again preferably organic from grass-fed chickens.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.